Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sunny Day, Sweeping the Clouds Away ...

Push Button Sesame Street, Child Guidance, 1974

My old buddy Bert is all I have left of this childhood toy. I distinctly remember playing with this, though. I loved Oscar and his trash can. Five large buttons at the front of the set show pictures of Ernie, Bert, Big Bird, Cookie Monster and Oscar the Grouch. Pushing the buttons reveals the hiding places of the corresponding finger puppet. The buttons can also be removed to serve as stands for the characters. I also seem to recall there being a plastic Sesame Street sign but I don't see in in the picture.

In searching for info on this toy I ran across the Fisher Price Sesame Street Playhouse a number of times and I remember always WANTING to own that one. I am pretty sure my cousins had that one. They always seemed to have the coveted toys. Then just as this was floating in my mind I ran across the Sesame Street Playhouse for sale at a local antique store. Sadly it didn't have any of the toys that went with it. You can learn more about the Muppets from Sesame Street and other shows here.



No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin