Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Singing in the Kitchen.

Align Center63 Great Country Songs, The Big 3 Music Corporation

When I was young I remember pulling this songbook off the shelf and singing the songs with my mom in the kitchen. The funny part is that I didn't even know the original versions of the some of the songs (though, I suppose my mom did!). Later when I heard "Knock Three Times" by Tony Orlando and Dawn I was impressed by how close we were to the original. I can read music, but I'm not known for my singing abilities.

I also think it's rather amusing that the company who put out this book came up with 63 songs. Not 50. Not 60. Not 75. Sixty-three. I guess it seems like an odd number to me. I also think the label of country is sort of funny considering some of the songs don't seem like country songs at all (Knock Three Times, for example).

I scanned the back of the book so readers could see the songs the book includes. My favorites were "El Paso," "We'll Sing in the Sunshine," "Paper Roses," "Delta Dawn," "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing," and "Crazy."




No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin