Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Musical Heritage--You Can Cry if You Want To!

Not all THAT long ago at trivia, I offered my meager contribution in the form of recognizing a Lesley Gore song from my youth.... "Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows." This trigger suddenly had me thinking of all my favorites from the one album my mom had from 1963. Gosh, the songs I loved: "Cry and You Cry Alone," "It's Judy's Turn to Cry," "Cry Me a River," "Cry," "No More Tears Left to Cry," "Just Let Me Cry," and "The Party's Over."

Of course most of us know this red-headed 17-year-old singing sensation as the voice of "It's My Party" ..... and I'll cry if I want to. Apparently when I was 12 I wanted to. Cry, that is. What a morbid song line-up.

Read more about her rise to fame here and here's her Wikipedia entry.

I loved (and still love) Lesley Gore and even have a greatest hits CD in my collection.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin