Saturday, December 6, 2008

Please Pass the Cheese Curds....

This is a Disneyland Original Little Long Playing record, and I am your story reader. I am going to begin now to read the story of HEIDI.

You can read along with me in your book. You will know it is time to turn the page when Tinker Bell rings her little bells like this...

Walt Disney Productions, Western Publishing Company, 1968

As kids, my brother and sister and I had a lot of these read-along records. Though, I don't think they were all produced by Disney. This record was my introduction to Johanna Spryi's classic novel, Heidi and I remember loving the story. The loneliness she felt in the city, the longing to be back on the mountain with grandfather. It made me want to sleep in a hayloft! And how could anyone resist goats named Schwanli and Barli? :)

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin