Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sooner or Later....

Sooner or Later
A novel by Bruce and Carole Hart

I'm not sure which came first for me. The book or the "major television motion picture" starring Rex Smith, Barbara Felden, and Denise Miller. Either way, here's some classic teenage sap from the Wayback Machine.

From the inside cover:

Thirteen-year old Jessie is a romantic, and she and her friends spend hours talking about LOVE. Spin-the-bottle is considered "practice for the main event" and the ideal boyfriend is Burt Reynolds. But Jessie knows if she's patient, the real thing is bound to happen sooner or later. And it does.

Jessie first spots Michael and his band playing at the shopping mall. When they meet, she is shy and nervous. Michael is handsome, charming--and seventeen. Jessie tells Michael she is sixteen, sure that he won't be interested in her if she revea s her real age. Jessie is ready for her first love, and much to her surprise, Michael is ready for Jessie.

I am considering a reread just to see how truly awful this book is. As I skim it, I recall this was the book to introduce me to the wonder that is New Jersey... Englewood, Hackensack. Good stuff. I do remember I also read the sequel Waiting Games but I no longer own that one. And today, I discovered there was a third book Now or Never released about a decade later.



No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin