Friday, February 13, 2009

The Children's Page.



Joan Walsh Anglund, illustrator and children's book author
Good Housekeeping Magazine, found here.

Beginning in the late 1970s, Joan Walsh Anglund created a quarterly "Children's Page" in Good Housekeeping magazine. The pages often included paper dolls. It was for that one page that I eagerly read through my mother's Good Housekeeping magazines. Later I would read the novel excerpts, often seeking out the full versions in book forms.

Her images all include children with the small pin dot eyes and minimal features. I am pretty sure I have a book of hers somewhere...

1 comment:

Elizabeth West said...

I remember this too. I have several little books by her, sort of sentimental things with thoughts about love and friendship. Her pictures were charming.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin