Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Pocket Full of Fun: 5 Favorite Children's Stories

Hallmark Cards, Unknown year

Apparently Hallmark didn't see fit to acknowledge the author or illustrator of this little five story fairy tale collection. This book is a 4 X 6 sized paperback. I have a memory of a bunch of Hallmark Pop-up books but I can't remember the titles and I'm having a devil of a time even finding a listing for Hallmark books from the 1970s. I'm going to press on because I would love to recover some of them. One was an alphabet book with all sorts of animals, if I'm remembering correctly.

I love the illustrations. And the cover. I think it's so cute that the little joey is reading the same book I am holding.

The Jack and the Beanstalk illustrations, in particular, remind me of the style of Rocky and Bullwinkle.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin