Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Do They Dare?

Stan and Jan Berenstain, Random House, 1978

I always loved the Berenstain Bears books and wished I had a hollowed out tree for a home. So, when they explore the spooky old tree in this book, it seemed like a wonderful adventure. It reminds me a bit of the bit of Pippi Longstocking in which she is holed up in a tree or now that I've seen the film, the way the kids explore the underground chambers and tunnels beneath Astoria. I love that sort of thing.

This is another one of those Beginner Books with easy to read print and language. I should have scanned the image of this, but I didn't think of it. I love how Stan and Jan depict "fear" in the bears with a sort of illustrated shiver. Good stuff.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin