Monday, January 5, 2009

Must-Have Monday -- Charley Harper Goodies

He Does NOT Live in Malibu with his Brother Alan. No, Charley Harper (1922-2007) was a Cincinnati-based modern artist whose specialty was wildlife prints and posters and books. Here are a few kid-friendly ABC, 123 sorts of books featuring his work. These are books I think would be wonderful additions to my collection. I learned about Harper not long ago when I saw a "memory game" featuring his illustrations marketed for kids at some popular retail shops-- Barnes and Noble, Old Navy and Amazon.

If this blog was a catalog of yummy expensive clothes and someone was looking for things to buy for me, I would be turning down the corners of the pages and circling THESE items with a ball point pen. You know, just in case.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin