Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Animal Babies

Harry McNaught, Random House Pictureback book, 1977

I simply LOVE the illustrations in this book. I had a copy as a child but it disappeared as many of those things do. My pal, Jenny, sent me this copy. I guess because she thought I'd appreciate it and she was right! Animals featured in the book are wild turkeys, orangutan, rabbits, deer, lions, swans, ducks, horses, pigs, robins, alligators, flamingos, anteaters, bison, polar bears, zebras, giraffes, hippos, elephants, rhinos, penguins, kangaroos, and koalas.

The book includes wonderful little facts, some useful as trivia questions. Here are a few:

Rabbit babies are called kits. They cannot see or hear until they are about ten days old.

Flamingo chicks bark like puppies when they are hungry.

When a giraffe calf is born, it is almost as tall as a full-grown man.



No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin